Ballet Folclórico Nacional de México de Silvia Lozano
The Ballet Folclórico Nacional de México is an institution tasked with the dissemination, preservation and promotion of the culture of Mexico, both at home and abroad.
In 2020, the BFNM celebrated its 60th anniversary, continuing the legacy of Mexico’s leading researchers and practitioners of folklore, dance, music, and costumes.
In its long career, the BFNM has performed in over forty countries and five continents, receiving numerous awards and prizes, as well as being designated an Ambassador of Mexican Culture. In addition to its international tours, the Ballet Folclórico maintains residences in Mexico City and Cancun.
Previous significant tours and performances by the BFNM include:
• The “El Grito” Mexican Independence Day Celebration at the Miller Outdoor Theatre and the Mexican Consulate of Houston, Texas in September 2016.
• A 60-day tour of France and Switzerland in 2011
• A 75-day tour through the Netherlands and Belgium in 2009
• A performance as representatives of the American continent for the inauguration of the “Dubai Shopping Festival 2002,” upon the invitation of Mohamed Bin Rashid Al Maktum, vice president and prime minister of the United Arab Emirates
• Tour of the United States in Spring 2020
The Ballet Folclórico was featured in the original production of “Xcaret Mexico Espectacular,” which performed 365 days a year for nearly 20 years, with over 200 artists taking the stage throughout its run. This show was directed and choreographed entirely by SILVIA LOZANO, General Director and Choreographer of BFNM.
The Ballet Folclórico features dances and choreographies that can be customized to the needs of each unique performance space. They have performed in traditional theatre settings, as well as in stadiums, arenas, and parks. The BFNM frequently performs for congresses, conventions, private events, and large events, with audiences that have included kings, princesses, presidents, prime ministers, and ambassadors from all around the world.